PLEASE DO NOT try to care for injured or orphaned wildlife on your own. It is both illegal and potentially dangerous.

If you find a wild animal in need of help, there is a local group that advises on and provides medical care for injured wildlife- please contact North Country Wild Care at 518-964-6740, or online at

What to do if you find a baby bird or mammal:

Website: I Found a Baby Bird – Now What?

PDF: I Found a Baby Mammal – Now What?